October 04, 2005

On Things

In the words of Bono, "Some pray for others steal." Jesus said words proceed from the overflow of the heart and behaviors are fruit of the heart's condition. When confronted with any thing of this world, whether it be material or even time, I can either demand I have something and take it or I can ask for it, and, should God provide, receive it. While it may not be clear to me what place my heart is in, it is in the place of being for God or for me, which is against Him.

On the other hand, I am convinced that I am given a number of things whether I receive them or not. I may think I finally got what I deserve, but God's heart is so full of goodness and love for me that He will give the gifts anyway because He gets joy from blessing me. And it is in learning to receive the things He gives me while asking for the things I don't have that I learn of His provision and His commitment to me that He says will not let me down.

Seek first the Kingdom of God and all things needed to live will be provided. Jesus says this because He knows the Father who is also my Father. He knows the Father's heart toward me, and Jesus wants me to know His Abba the same way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

On Things